We will begin accepting applications for the Class of 2018 from April 1st until 5 pm on July 3rd. Candidates will not be considered unless a complete application packet with the required signatures is received by this time and date.
We invite you to join us in developing our region's next generation of leadership. If you'd like to learn more about how we can support you or your organization through our signature 10 month leadership development program, please get in touch. We'd love to discuss how we can grow your success and strengthen your connection to leaders throughout the Pioneer Valley.
We invite you to:
- Connect with an LPV Alumni Ambassador for an informal conversation to hear about their experience in our program ( view our full alumni roster)
- Join our Class of 2017 on May 19 during a training to experience our work firsthand (RSVPS Required)
- Schedule a briefing at your workplace for those supporting talent development within your organization
Contact LPV staff to pursue these opportunities or to learn more from us!
Selection Process and Criteria
Each class of Leadership Pioneer Valley is selected through a competitive process conducted by members of the Enrollment Committee. In any given year, there are more applicants than positions available. Interviews may be offered on a case-by-case basis. Approximately 30-40 individuals will be selected based on criteria including: commitment to civic involvement in the Pioneer Valley region, potential for community leadership, and professional as well as personal achievement. Diversity is a key goal of Leadership Pioneer Valley. Factors used in determining the final make-up of the class include age, geographic location, employment sector, race, sexual orientation, and gender.
We offer a flat-rate for tuition and we want to ensure that all who need tuition assistance receive it. Tuition for each participant in Leadership Pioneer Valley is $3,500, which includes a suggested personal tuition of $300. Tuition covers all class year expenses, including: an overnight retreat, meals, transportation, training and materials, trainers, commencement ceremony, and graduation dinner. We are able to augment tuition through other generous funding sources. Tuition assistance is available for organizations that are non-profits, public sector, and small businesses and individuals who are self-employed, unemployed, and who would otherwise be unable to participate. Additionally, flexible payment plans are available upon request for both employers and applicants.
- Scholarships are also available for the personal tuition, including YPS and NAYP Scholarships.
- Graduates of the Women's Fund's LIPPI Program receive 20% off tuition!
- Tuition payment is required before the start of the program unless prearranged with the Director.
Tuition Assistance & Scholarships
Leadership Pioneer Valley is pleased to offer financial assistance towards tuition for both employer or personal tuition. Those requesting assistance must complete the Tuition Assistance Request Form, and return it with their application to the program. Applications for assistance are confidential and have no bearing on the Enrollment Committee’s decisions. We are please to also offer two additional scholarships outlined below.
- YPS Scholarship: The Young Professional Society of Springfield is offering one personal tuition scholarship of $300 each year for current members of YPS. To apply, please fill out the Tuition Assistance Request Form listed above.
- NAYP Scholarship: The Northampton Area Young Professionals is offering one personal tuition scholarship of $300 each year for current members. To apply, please fill out the Tuition Assistance Request Form.
It is the policy of Leadership Pioneer Valley to recruit widely, without bias and from a variety of communities. Our goal is to select a class reflecting the rich diversity of the Pioneer Valley. All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Leadership Pioneer Valley maintains a policy of non-discrimination and is fully committed to these principals and opportunity for all. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, active military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., July 3rd. For further information, contact Lora Wondolowski, Executive Director at 413.737.3876 or email@example.com.
To apply, follow these steps:
We recommend that you collect, organize and write all the information requested in advance. You will NOT have an opportunity to save a partially completed application. You can submit all forms electronically or via e-mail or mail.
- Fill out the Participant Application Form and submit electronically (see button at bottom of page).
- Your *employer must complete the Employer/Sponsor Application and submit it or Recommendation Form (if not sponsored by an employer or self-employed)
- Submit $25 application fee.
Leadership Pioneer Valley, 1 Federal St, Bldg. 101, Springfield, MA 01105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Not required if self-employed or unemployed.)